Saturday 13 July 2013

Peeling Back the Layers

This week, we dared to peel back the first layer of our house. First being the key word here. I was naive to believe we would be at the exterior sheathing after removing the stucco. But, this is the house that just keeps on giving - giving more than we had ever asked for. Under the stucco was a layer of siding - hundred year old siding. The back of our house is now sporting exposed forest green shakes.


We even managed to expose a bit of the porch and what a difference it has already made to the lighting in our home.
BEFORE

DURING...check back in a few weeks for the end!

I need to clarify what I mean when I say 'we'. I, being the 'weaker' one, was excused from this hundred years of heavy dust build up. Instead, Steve hired a 17 year old boy with muscles to take my place. While they were hard at work, I resorted to finishing up the last odd bits of drywall.






1 comment: