Tuesday 2 October 2012

Saturdays in September

Our focus in September has been on school rather than the house. Every once in a while we get out our tool belt and take a Saturday to work on our project. It still seems to be slow and steady...with many bumps along the way.
Here is a picture walk of our Saturdays in September. 

Counter Tops - For a month we lived without counter tops. It didn't seem to bother us too much. The only down fall was doing the dishes in the bath tub. 



The original dishwasher is me. The new one came right after the counter tops were installed! Then, Steve took an interest in washing the dishes. Hmm...



Our backyard apple tree produced so many apples. We are loving the apple pies from this tree. 




 My parents are amazing. I can't even thank them enough for the time they have spent helping us out. My mom worked on painting the house. My dad tore up the back yard.




One Saturday afternoon we got ambitious...too ambitious. We decided to take apart the brick flower bead. Half way through we discovered more rocks. Steve also disturbed a hornet's nest. I paid for it later on.

 The hornets attacked my eye, side of my head and neck. I stayed home from school because..well... I would have scared the children.


One Saturday we hung blinds. I mean, Steve hung blinds. After he did this, I immediately removed the disgusting curtains that were in our front entry.





Immediately after the curtains were removed, Steve took down the bars. Our house no longer looking like the Ogden Jail.






The NEW and improved backyard. My parents came back last weekend and worked on our house while we were gone. Who does that? Did I mention how awesome my mom and dad are? My dad took his skitster and had the best day ever. Our yard looks huge and ready for the winter.





We are finally feeling a little more settled. We still have a lot to do. The stairs need treads, the bathroom needs a door, our windows need trim and so much more.


There is always next Saturday. 

Stay tooned to see what happens on Saturdays in October. 

1 comment: