Monday 14 May 2012

Insulation Sensation!

After receiving our outrageous heating bill, we thought our place needed a little insulating. It was my first time working with fiberglass insulation, that is if you don't count when I was five and built a fort with the pink flamingo stuff in my dad's shop. Since then, fiberglass insulation has not gotten any less itchy. The whole process hasn't been too painful. Steve told me the worst part would be taping the vapor barrier. It turns out it's not that bad. Maybe Steve just sucks at taping :) The difficulty has been creating a vapor barrier through the ceiling/second floor joists. On a more positive note, a year ago I would have had no idea what my last sentence meant. I am learning a lot.
Below are a few pictures of what the main floor looked like right before we put the plastic up. Our next steps are to complete the plastic part and then get the attic finished. We have a little work left to do upstairs before we can get the attic properly sealed up. We hope to start the drywall process this weekend! Then, we plan to hire someone to do the taping, mudding and sanding. Following that, we begin my favourite part, PAINTING!! If only I could make a decision on paint colours...







No comments:

Post a Comment