Monday 2 April 2012

Build, build build!

I know, two posts in one day! As I mentioned, the planning part was a tad frustrating and so I wasn't able to really blog about it until the end.
So, our plans are set and the building has begun! It's been so exciting to see the true transformation take place. Steve's dad came out for a few days and has really helped get the place looking more like a house. They worked all Friday and Saturday and made excellent progress. Today I pitched in and I'd have to say that the place is really shaping up.
Pictures can really describe it so much better than my words, so here it is!

Front door view on Friday
Front door view today!
My dad checking out the electrical. He's amazing.

Our bathroom!

Our little attic space.
I have to end by saying how much I have been learning about building houses. I am also starting to get better at making decisions. I get to decide where I want the kitchen window and the size of windows in the living room. I am starting to love the phrase: 'you can do whatever you want'. Before it was just daunting. Steve and I have already planned our kitchen and know where basically everything will go in the house. There are still so many decisions, but we'll just have to take it one step at a time. (ahh.. I sound like my mom!)
Excited to see what happens tomorrow.


1 comment:

  1. Wow, the house looks great! Can totally appreciate how overwhelming it might feel at times, but how exciting too. Looks like Dad's been busy and loving every minute I'm sure! :) Amanda

    ReplyDelete